I've heard so much about how love works in mysterious ways. I'm not an expert in that department but I'm trying to figure out how to put it across to people who matters to me that I don't go into something blind-sided by emotions.
I admit in the past, I was overwhelmed by the raw emotions and gave in to the moment and ignoring the red flags. Who doesn't, especially when you are 'young and reckless'? And I need family and friends who matter to me to caution and advise me when something is amiss because sometimes you are so into it that you are blind-sided.
Which is why Islam is beautiful, where marriage is concerned, its not just about me and my future husband, its a family thing and there are ways to a permanent marriage if we take the time to learn and seek knowledge about it, for example rights of husband and wife.
Mum gave a good advice - "If he is a respectable man, he'll follow the Islamic way of proposing and ask for your hand." So think long term... forget about romance, do I see myself growing old with a man I'd call hubby? Do I see him by my side if I fall ill... would he clean after me? Can he be my support system especially since mum won't be there for me? Is it worth my while uprooting myself for him?
Only your mum would hit you at the core and ask the difficult questions and make you seriously reflect on things. With Israk Mikraj round the corner, it is a good time to do Istikharah. May Allah guide me to the straight path and protect me from the hell's fire, Insya Allah! As they say, "Everything happens for a reason". I believe in that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment